Thursday, November 10, 2011

My first job

In the summer of 2011 i finally got my first job. It was a job that involved me selling knives for a company called cutoco. I would go to peoples houses, show them the knives, demonstrate their abilities, and finally close the sale.Actually making the sale was difficult because most people didn't want to pay $1000 for a set of knives. The money i would make was either base pay or commission, depending on which is more. When the summer ended this job became to much of a hassle so i quite. After having this job i felt wierd not having one at all. so i started to search in a field that i never thought i would be interested in, which is jewelry. So I started going to downtown with my dad. He taught me everything i needed to know on how to repair jewelry. After perfecting my skills I acquired a job. After working as a jeweler for a month or two I realized how much I really enjoy being a jewler. Both these jobs taught me how to be a more responsible teenager. I more clearly understood the value of money and how hard it is to ear some. These jobs also taught me some street smarts and gave me experience on making decisions on my own. I know that working in those to jobs build me a strong foundation for my future. 


1 comment: