Monday, November 14, 2011

When I Used To Play Hockey

I started playing hockey when i was 5 years old. I loved playing hockey and i still love it. i would play with all my heart and every game i would try to play to my fullest abilities and more. my team and i were like a big family. we would all protect each other and look after one another. as the years went on my league got more and more physical. we would check more and more kids would get hurt including me. i broke my hand and dislocated my tail bone. i was so dedicated that even when i had a broken hand i still played hockey. since things got my aggressive and dangerous my dad started getting iffy of whether or not i should play hockey anymore. After 10 years my dad had enough. he decided that i should not play anymore which caused major conflict between me and my dad. when he brought this topic up i stopped talking to the man i love so much. eventually my dad put his foot down and took me out. it was really hard for him to take the thing i love the most away from me but it was even harder for him to watch me play. all i would think about was that he didn't love me and he didn't care for what i want. but i was wrong i was being selfish and didn't think about how he felt. from then on i learned that everything my parent do for me is for my own good even if i believe the complete opposite. on the other hand hokcey made me a stronger and more independent person. i very much enjoyed the 10 years i played hockey and still wish i could go back to playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment