Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Officer you don't understand!"

It was the summer of 2011 and my junior year of high school just came to end. With much excitement and adrenalin pumping through our veins Haigaz, Ghazar, Kevin, Hadj and I took off for a night in Malibu. We began our adventure hanging out at the beach house ...Later at night we had kebab and added on to our memories. Long story short, the night ended great and we woke up the next morning exhausted, but we had to get home. Windows down, music up, just me and kevin driving down the canon road heading back home... before i knew it, all i saw were the lights of a cop turn on in my rear view mirror. My heart immediately dropped to the floor. In shock, with no other choice I pulled over and awaited this officer to come to my window. Not to any ones shock, he came and asked "do you know why i pulled you over?"
Reenactment of our "life changing" conversation:
Me: No officer, why?
Cop: Speeding.
Me: Did you get me on a radar gun?
Cop: SURE did. License, registration, proof of insurance.
*handed my information very hesitantly and shacking hands*
Me: KEVIN my dad is going to kill me.
Kevin: I mean if he really wanted to he can, if not fu** it.
Cop: When did you get this car?
Me: brand new officer
Cop: Where are your plates?
Me: Have not arrived yet.
Cop: so why has your car been insured for 7 months?
Me: My dad likes to insure cars before we buy. (aka big mistake, but i figured it's worth a try)
Cop: Dont be an idiot.
Me: yes sir!
Ofcorse, the cop handed me the ticket and we both headed back on our ways.
As we arrived to Hadjs house, I began to realize it was time to make THE CALL. With much fear i dialed my dads number and told him what had happened. He replied saying "do not worry about it, it happens, come home."  After hearing the calm tone in my dads voice I felt a bit calm myself. I got home to very long and powerful lecture from dad and lets just say every since the words speed limit mean what their supposed to. I learned to more cautious of my speed and always remember all that my dad said during that lecture.


1 comment: