Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Trip to Lebanon

Couple years ago me and my dad decided to visit Lebanon. a majority of my dads family lives there and thought it would be a good idea to visit. When we got there i was expecting my dads family who lives there to be living like how we are. i was totally mistaken. The first thing we did was go to my cousins house and have dinner there. When we got there i was in total shock. The house was tiny and looked like it was going to crash to the floor any second. we walked in and my dad could tell from the expression on my face that something was wrong. he pulled me aside and asked "whats wrong?" and i answered im just in shock. I told him that i couldn't believe his family lived like how they are right now. even though there not the richest family out there they still set up a dinner table fit for a king. we enjoyed out night there and went to a hotel. the entire night my mind was constantly working. i was lying down and all i could think about was how could these people be so happy without having the luxury i do. then it hit me and i realized that they were happy just by waking up and having their health. for them every night they go to sleep and wake up the next morning is a gift for them. i realized how stupid i have been all these years not seeing that my families and my health is the best thing that could happen to us. after that trip i have appreciated every little single thing that my parents do for me. i know understand that i am a very lucky kid and don't know what i would do without loving, supporting, and caring parents like mine.
in this picture: even though these people are living in tents they still have a smile on their faces and are still enjoying each others company.

1 comment: